Apple iOS 11.4 Direct Download Links
The release of iOS 11.4 features key updates that make the most advanced mobile operating system even more user-friendly and powerful. With enhanced performance and security, as well as new features like AirPlay 2, users can now enjoy a better overall experience with their iOS devices.
Table of Contents
Apple iOS 11.4 Direct Download Links: Apple has now released its latest edition, i.e iOS 11.4 to the general public, which is available for download as an over-the-air download or as an installable IPSW for those who prefer manual installation. Apple has released the final version of iOS 11.4.1 to all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users. The release was launched after beta testing and beta testing program is ongoing for iOS 12.
Compatibility and Pre-Install Check:
Like with its earlier iOS 11 releases, iOS 11.4 is compatible with the iPhone 5S or later, iPad mini 2 or later and 6th generation iPod touch or later. Each iOS update is available in a variety of sizes (different features/fixes may apply to different devices). iOS 11.4 is a large file of 300MB. Although, users upgrading from iOS 10 (or even iOS 9), will find iOS 11.4 is several gigabytes in size as it rolls up all previous iOS 11 releases into a single massive update.
Jailbreakers need to beware that the iOS 11.4 will break jailbroken iPhones, iPads and iPod touch. The iOS 11.2.2 details released in December have not yet resulted in faster jailbreaks for future releases, so they are advised to avoid it for now.
Automatically Install Apple iOS 11.4 Update:
If you have a compatible 64-bit iPhone or iPad then you can install the latest over-the-air update by going to your ‘Settings’ and clicking on ‘General’ and then ‘Software Update’ and clicking on ‘Update Now’ to install it directly on your device.
Apple iOS 11.4 Features:
- In the earlier edition, some users couldn’t view ‘the last known location’ of their Airpods in ‘Find my phone’, this has now been fixed.
- It now has increased the reliability of syncing notes, emails and contact with the exchange accounts.
- It now has AirPlay 2 using which Multi-Room Audio is feasible. In other words, you can mesh all your AirPlay 2 speakers together for entire house’s audio. Currently, only Apple TV and HomePod use AirPlay 2 but Bang & Olufsen, Bose, Bowers & Wilkins, Denon, Libratone, Marantz, Marshall, Naim, Pioneer, Sonos, and others are likely to do so soon. It can easily be activated via Siri. The main function of AirPlay is to let you control the home audio system and AirPlay-enabled speakers through your smartphone device. Since it is Wifi enabled, you can do it regardless of where you are as long as you stay within Wifi range.
- Its HomePod Stereo Pair feature now along with the multi-room support, lets the user setup two HomePod speakers in a single room for left and right stereo audio. This feature is quite helpful for those who cannot afford to have two HomePods. HomePod pair automatically identifies its location within the room and will also adjust its sound as per its location. If you have iOS 11.4 installed on your system, you will be able to setup HomePod Stereo directly from it.
- Apple has now fixed the dangerous black dot bug, a glitch in which messages are shown out of order. It also had log-in problems with Google Drive, Docs and Gmail, geolocation flaws on the home screen, flakey Bluetooth and distorted audio in CarPlay as well as broken syncing in Apple Health.
- It came up with iCloud enhancements which store your Messages content in iCloud to free up device storage. Messages can now be downloaded and synchronized with all your devices. This would ensure that if you delete a message on your Mac it will be deleted from your iPhone and iPad as well. If you are a heavy user of the Apple ecosystem, this will give greater ease of use. The new update will automatically allow all messages to be stored in Apple’s iCloud platform and instantly get synced with multiple compatible devices, including iPhone, iPad, and Macs running the latest mac ios.
Apple iOS 11.4 Direct Download Links
Are you looking to upgrade your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 11.4?
Here are the direct download links for this Apple’s firmware release. This version includes bug fixes and security enhancements, so it’s recommended. The installation process is very simple, and should only take a few minutes to complete.
Alternatives to iOS 11.4
iOS 11.4 was released on May 29, 2018, and it is a minor update to iOS 11. It includes some bug fixes and security updates. However, there are some alternatives to iOS 11.4 that you may want to consider. For example:
As always, make sure to back up your device before installing any update. Have questions or feedback? Let us know in the comments section below! And be sure to check out our other posts for more software tips and links. Thanks for reading!