Download Freegate Latest Version for Windows
Freegate allows users from countries to circumvent geo-censorship imposed by the government. Download Now.
Table of Contents
- Freegate: A brief Overview
Download Freegate Latest Version for Windows: There is a lot of content on the internet that isn’t available in certain countries. This is known as geo-censorship or geographical blocking. Countries like China, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, and many other countries block a lot of content on the internet. To view this content, you need to circumvent the geo-censorship. This is possible by using a virtual proxy network. There are many software available in the market that allows you to bypass the Internet firewalls created by the Government. In this article, we are going to talk about one such software that is very popular in China, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, United Arab Emirates, etc. where geo-censorship is pretty strict. The name of this software is Freegate.
Freegate: A brief Overview
Freegate is a very useful software created by Dynamic Internet Technology (DIT) that allows users from countries like China, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Cuba, etc. to circumvent geo-censorship imposed by the government. It works on the proxy servers of Dynaweb. It allows users to use the DIT’s Peer to Peer (P2P)-like proxy networks. It also has an enhanced encryption system and a compression algorithm that makes your system even more secure. It provides some level of security from malware attacks and prevents your government from spying on you. It is extremely simple to use and does not even require installation. It is just a simple executable file on the Windows platform. It is a freeware and hence can be easily downloaded from the internet for free.
What is Dynaweb?
Dynaweb is the name of the collection of anti-censorship services that are provided by Dynamic Internet Technology (DIT). When the browser reaches any of the Dynaweb, it is presented alternate mirror links to the blocked websites. You can also directly enter the link of a blocked website and Dynaweb would open them for you in your browser. It requires no additional settings changes or tweaks to your computer. It is a dynamic service that keeps updating its links to prevent being apprehended by the Government. It also keeps active tabs on the blocked status of these sites. If the current mirror link gets blocked Dynaweb automatically replaces it with a new mirror link. Dynaweb also allows users to communicate with them by means of instant messaging or emails. Users can ask them for a particular website and they will reply with an unblocked link for the same. Due to its automatic blocking detection and quick response Dynaweb is very successful in circumventing the firewall imposed by China.
Also Read: Direct Download SpaceSniffer 126.96.36.199
Salient Features of Freegate
1. Hidden System File – The executable file for Freegate gets hidden in your device and thus avoids scrutiny from the government. It works in close coordination with your web browser and erases the entire list of commonly used websites especially if these websites are blocked in your region.
2. Extremely Light and Efficient – Freegate is an extremely light software and does not even require installation. It is a simple executable file that can be activated with a single click. The software does not even have registry files and thus does not occupy virtually any space on the computer.
3. Faster Computer Speed – Using Freegate does not affect the performance or speed of your computer in anyway. Instead, it makes improves the browsing speed for your browser by quickly opening the required link without any obstruction. Users access blocked websites as fast as any other local website. It creates a virtual tunnel route for your browser to access blocked websites in your region. It also deletes your search history automatically and saves you from getting detected.
4. Enhanced Security – Freegate provides enhanced security due to the presence of a new, unique encryption system and a compression algorithm. It taps into the anti-censorship servers like Dynaweb and its Peer to Peer servers. This makes Freegate extremely efficient, dynamic and secure.
How to Download Freegate Latest Version for Windows?
As mentioned earlier, Freegate is free software and can be easily downloaded from the internet. Use the link given below to download Freegate. It is available only for the Windows operating system and not for any other operating system like MAC or Linux.
Now let us discuss some common issues and questions that users have regarding Freegate.
What browsers can you use Freegate with?
You might have noticed that Freegate by default opens the Dynaweb homepage in Internet Explorer. However, this does not mean that you can’t use Freegate with other browsers. You need to manually set the proxy for the browser to ‘127.0.0.1:8580’ before you start surfing the web. If you are using Firefox then you can download the GProxy Add-on and use it to set the proxy.
What is the difference between Proxy mode and Classic mode?
Freegate has two operating modes, the proxy mode, and the classic mode. The default mode is the proxy mode and, in this mode, Freegate automatically sets the proxy for Internet Explorer. You can simply continue to browse the internet and visit blocked websites. In the classic mode, you need to manually set the browsers proxy and visit the homepage of Dynaweb. From there you can easily navigate to any website that is blocked in your region. It is advisable to use proxy mode as it is simpler and you need not worry about the formatting or layout of the web address.
Is it possible to use your own server with Freegate?
The answer is yes. Freegate allows you to use your own working proxy server. To set your own custom server you need to click on the ‘Server’ tab and select the ‘Proxy Settings’ option. Now you need to click on the “Manually set Proxy” option. Here you have to fill in the address of your proxy server and enter the name of the port. Freegate will now start to use this server whenever you launch the tool. All the encrypted traffic will now pass through your server.
How to prevent being blocked by a Firewall?
If you have some kind of anti-virus or firewall system installed on your computer then you might receive a warning against Freegate. Firewalls and anti-virus systems identify Freegate as malware and try to prevent it from running on your computer. In case your firewall pops a warning window upon opening Freegate make sure to allow the app to run on your computer. You need to give Freegate the permission to run and not be blocked by your installed firewall.
Recommended: Free Download Freegate 7.64
That’s it you have finally check out this article; Download Freegate Latest Version for Windows, but if you face any issues then feel free to ask your questions in the comment’s section.