Download iOS 11.2 IPSW (All updates)
iOS 11.2 is Apple's mobile operating system designed to power its iPhone and iPod Touch devices. This powerful OS features incredible performance, innovative new features, and a sleek, intuitive design
Table of Contents
- Apple iOS 11.2: what’s new
- Apple iOS 11.2 All Updates IPSW Download Links
- Alternatives to iOS 11.2 updates
iOS 11.2 is the operating system for iPhone and iPad, released by Apple at the end of 2017. It is a significant update, with many new features and improvements over iOS 11.1, which was released in October 2017.
This article provides you direct links to download any update of iOS 11.2 (IPSW file).
We will also talk about all the features in iOS 11.2, how to download it, and what to expect from the various updates (Apple iOS 11.2.1, Apple iOS 11.2.2, Apple iOS 11.2.5, Apple iOS 11.2.6).
Apple iOS 11.2: what’s new
iOS 11.2 is a significant update, with many new features and improvements over iOS 11.1.
The following sections will discuss all the features on iOS 11.2 to iOS 11.2.6:
– New emojis, including characters from the film “The Incredibles.”
With iOS 11.2, Apple has added a range of new emojis, including characters from the film “The Incredibles .”
There are now over 70 new emojis in total, including superheroes, dinosaurs, and more. You can see the complete list of new emojis on Apple’s website.
– Apple Pay Cash.
A new feature that allows you to send and receive money from other people using Apple Pay is Apple Pay Cash. This is a great way to quickly pay people back for things without worrying about exchanging bank account details or anything like that.
– Faster wireless charging.
With iOS 11.0, Apple introduced support for wireless charging. With iOS 11.2, however, the feature was not particularly fast. With iOS 11.2, wireless charging is now much faster, so you can charge your iPhone much quicker.
– A new setting to turn off automatic app updates.
If you don’t like the idea of apps automatically updating in the background, you can now turn this off in the Settings app. Go to “iTunes & App Store” and then toggle the “Off-load unused apps” setting to “On.”
– Bug fixes and performance improvements.
As with any software update, many bug fixes and performance improvements are included in iOS 11.2. These fixes and improvements should help to make your iPhone run a bit smoother and more stable.
– Improvements to Siri.
Siri has received several improvements in iOS 11.2:
- Siri now supports Hindi dictation, making it easier to type in Hindi using your iPhone.
- Siri now has a more natural-sounding voice and provides translations for a broader range of languages.
- Siri can now control the HomeKit accessories that are compatible with AirPlay 2.
Apple has released iOS 11.2.2 to fix a security issue that could allow someone to take control of an iPhone using Siri. The problem discovered by Tencent Keen Security Lab affects all devices running iOS 11.2.1 or earlier.
If you are running iOS 11.2.1 or earlier, I recommend you to update to iOS 11.2.2 as soon as possible to protect your device from potential attacks.
The Apple update iOS 11.2.5 includes support for the HomePod. This means that if you have a HomePod, you can now control it using your iPhone.
To control your HomePod using your iPhone, open the “Home” app and tap on the “HomePod” icon. From there, you can use Siri to control various aspects of your HomePod, such as playing music, controlling the lights, and more.
Another Siri functionality
Siri can now read the news on Apple iOS 11.2.5. With this update, Siri can now read the information in various languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, and Chinese.
To make Siri read the news to you, open the “Settings” app and go to “Siri & Search .” Then, toggle the “News” setting to “On” and select the language in which you want Siri to read the news.
From there, say, “Hey Siri, read the news,” or ask Siri to read a specific headline.
Benefits if you download iOS 11.2.6
iOS 11.2.6 is the latest update to Apple’s iOS operating system for iPhone and iPad. It was released on February 19, 2018, a minor update with bug fixes and security improvements.
The most notable new feature in iOS 11.2.6 is fixing an issue that could allow someone to access the microphone on an iPhone or iPad remotely.
This vulnerability discovered by Google researchers was publicly disclosed before Apple could release a fix.
iOS 11.2.6. include bug fixes that could:
- Allow someone to bypass the Lock screen and access photos and contacts on an iPhone or iPad
- Cause apps to become unresponsive when connected to an external display. This was a problem that some users were experiencing after upgrading to iOS 11.2. If you are experiencing this issue, make sure to install the latest iOS 11.2.6 on your device.
- Allow a malicious website to track users’ locations: The vulnerability allowed websites to track the location of users who had enabled Location Services for Safari on their iPhone or iPad. This could be done without the users’ knowledge or consent.
- Cause VoiceOver to announce the wrong text when typing
- Fixes for an issue that could cause Messages and Mail to crash: The Messages and Mail app could crash when you send a specific message. This issue was discovered by security researcher Sabri Haddouche and affected all devices running iOS 11.2.5 and earlier versions of the operating system. To crash someone’s Mail or Messages app, you needed to send them a message with a specific string of text. The app will crash when it tries to display the message. If you are experiencing this problem, you can avoid it by disabling iMessage or Mail in your device’s settings or downloading iOS 11.2.6
- A fix for an issue that could prevent headphone audio from working correctly.
- And finally, the iOS 11.2.6 update came with improvements to the security of the HomeKit framework
Apple iOS 11.2 All Updates IPSW Download Links
iOS 11.2 includes many updates and bug fixes. The good news is that Apple has made the upgrade and downgrade process very simple, learn how.
All of the updates (IPSW files) download links are included below. So just search for your device and don’t wait any longer!
Download Apple iOS 11.2
Download Apple iOS 11.2.1
Download Apple iOS 11.2.2
Download Apple iOS 11.2.5
Download Apple iOS 11.2.6
Alternatives to iOS 11.2 updates
iOS 11.2 is a big update with many new features, but not everyone is happy with it. If you’re looking for an alternative, there are several options available. For example: