Table of Contents
Download Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers: Java is a programming language which was first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. There are many applications and websites that won’t work unless you have Java installed, making Java imperative. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to data centers, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java 64-bit is used almost everywhere. Java is akin to the heartbeat of the digital world. It’s the platform for launching careers, exploring human-to-digital interfaces, architecting the world’s best applications, and unlocking innovation globally. Java is a cross-platform for starters and if you code an application in Java, it’ll run on any computer be it Windows, Mac or Linux , making it extremely popular. Many applications at the time of installation try to auto-install Java.
Download Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers
In Java 8, the latest version of update 111 has been released and users can now download and install it on their systems. This is a free software developed by Oracle and features many important changes. The updated version of Java will increase the performances of systems which are running on Java. Let us take a look at the features, enhancements, certificates etc which have been included in this new version of Java 8.
Java 8 Update 111 Features
- Service Menu services: The lifecycle management of AWT menu components showed some problems on certain platforms which have now been fixed with improved state synchronization between menus and their containers.
- Disable Basic authentication for HTTPS tunneling: At times, certain authentication schemes may be undesirable when proxying HTTPS and therefore, this can no longer be set by default but if the user desires to do so, they can reactivate the authentication scheme.
- Restrict JARs signed with weak algorithms and keys: This JDK release has introduced new restrictions on how the signed JAR files are verified. If the signed JAR file uses a disabled algorithm or key size less than the minimum length then the signature verification operations will disregard the signature and treat the JAR file as if it were unsigned.
- Certificate Changes: Under this version, a new JCE Provider Code Signing root certificate authority has been created and its certificate added to Oracle JDK. New JCE provider code signing certificates issued from this CA will be used to sign JCE providers from now on. This new certificate features large key lengths and strong algorithms.
- Bug Fixes: This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities which were mentioned in the Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory.
The JRE expires whenever a new release with stronger security is available. Critical patch updates, which contain security vulnerability fixes, are usually announced a year in advance on Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts and Third Party Bulletin. This JRE (version 8u111) will expire with the release of the next critical patch update scheduled for release on January 17, 2017.
For those systems which are unable to reach the Oracle Servers, a secondary mechanism expires this JRE (version 8u111) on February 17, 2017. After either condition is met (new release becoming available or expiration date reached), the JRE will provide additional warnings and reminders to users to update to the latest version.
How to check Java version installed on your PC?
- Before installing the latest version of Java, make sure that you know the version that you are currently using.
- If you do not know that, you can easily find that out this on your Command window.
- Press Windows Key + X then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Next, type the following command into cmd and hit Enter: java –version
- If you do not have Java installed on your system, the same has to be downloaded.
- Start the download process using Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers direct download links mentioned above.
- Depending on your system architecture, you can download either 32-bit or 64-bit Java version.
- Once you have finished the download process, begin the process of installing and as soon as the installation is done, you will get a success message on your screen.
Check for Updates In Java Control Panel
- Once you have checked which version is in use, the next step is to check if that version is up to date or not. If not, then you can update it automatically by opening the ‘control panel’ and going to ‘java’.
- Once that is done, go to the ‘update’ tab and click on ‘update now’ which will initiate the download and installation process.
- The installer may take a couple of minutes to finish installing the update during which you should not shut down the system.
Download Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers
You can directly download and install the latest version of Java 8, update 111 by using the links given below:
Recommended For you:
- Download Skype 8.17 Offline Installer
- Apple iOS 11.4 Direct Download Links
- Direct Download Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update (All Languages)
- Download Kaspersky 2017 Offline Installers
That’s it you have finally check out this article; Download Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers, but if you face any issues then feel free to ask your questions in the comment’s section.