Table of Contents
Download Java 8 Update 131 Offline Installers: Java is a programming language which was first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. There are many applications and websites that won’t work unless you have Java installed, making Java imperative. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to data centers, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java 64-bit is used almost everywhere. Java is akin to the heartbeat of the digital world. It’s the platform for launching careers, exploring human-to-digital interfaces, architecting the world’s best applications, and unlocking innovation globally. Java is cross-platform for starters and if you code an application in Java, it’ll run on any computer be it Windows, Mac or Linux, making it extremely popular. Many applications at the time of installation try to auto-install Java.
Download Java 8 Update 131 Offline Installers
In Java 8, the latest version of update 131 has been released and users can now download and install it on their systems. This is a free software developed by Oracle and features many important changes. The updated version of Java will increase the performances of systems which are running on Java. Let us take a look at the features, enhancements, certificates etc which have been included in this new version of Java 8.
New Features in Java 8 Update 131:
Java 8.131 has a list of new changes, let us explore the features of the latest version launched by Oracle below:
- MD5 Added to jdk.jar.disabled Algorithms Security Property: All the disabled algorithms and key sizes for cryptographically signed JAR files are handled via the jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms security property in the java.security files. All the algorithms are listed under it are disabled and a list of keys for signed jar files is also mentioned with restrictions on usage of the MD5 hash algorithm for any signature verification operation. The jarsigner binary can be used to verify whether the JAR file is signed by using a weak or strong algorithm (MD5. The files signed with weak algorithm are disabled and require re-signing by a strong algorithm.
- New System Property to Control Caching for HTTP NTLM & SPNEGO Connection: The Java 8 runtime environment introduced new system property to control caching HTTP server via SPNEGO to negotiate authentication of the connection, after which the specified information will be cached and can be reused for next connections on the same server.As per the new JDK implementation rules, HTTP NTLM can support transparent authentication and its caching is controlled by NSP; this is on by default. If the transparent authentication is unavailable/unsuccessful, the Java Development Kit can only support getting credentials from a global authenticator.
- New Version in VisualVM :A new version 1.3.9 was released on 4th October 2016 which is integrated with Java 8u131.
- Security: New restriction is introduced for JAR files that they need to be MD5 signed. If a JAR file is using MD5 then the signature verification operation will ignore the signature and treat the JAR files as unsigned. This version also has fixes for security vulnerabilities which are described in the Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update Advisory.
- IANA Data: The Java update now has IANA Time Zone data version 2016j which were previously 2016i.
Bug Fixes in Java 8 update 131
- It introduced a new window ordering model on the OS X platform, the AWT framework used native services to implement the parent-child relationship for windows causing few negative visual effects, particularly in multi-monitor environments. To get rid of its demerits, the new window ordering model was introduced, which is fully implemented at the JDK layer.
- Correction of IllegalArgumentException from TLS handshake code has been made.
How to Check Current Version of Java
Before download, to check the Java version currently in use by your system, open ‘Command Prompt’ window and type ‘java-version’.
Download Java 8 Update 131 Offline Installers
You can download the latest version of Java update 8.131 securely by using the given links below:
For auto-update: Firstly, you need to open the Control Panel and go to Java and click on the Update tab and then click on “Update Now”. If a pop-up shows that a new update is available, click on Update to install the update which will then start downloading. It may take a few minutes to complete the download and installation process. After installation is completed, a confirmation window will confirm that the download was successful.
Note: Java 8.131 will expire on July 18, 2017 and a new version will be available for download and installation.
Recommended For you:
- Download Kodi 17.3 Offline Installers
- Download .NET Framework 4.5.1 Offline Installer
- Download Adobe Flash Player 19 Offline Installers
- Download Java 8 Update 111 Offline Installers
That’s it you have finally check out this article; Download Java 8 Update 131 Offline Installers, but if you face any issues then feel free to ask your questions in the comment’s section.