Download Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers
Find direct download links for Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers for Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
Table of Contents
Download Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers: Java is a programming language which was first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. There are many applications and websites that won’t work unless you have Java installed, making Java imperative. Java is fast, secure, and reliable. From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java 64-bit is used almost everywhere. Java is akin to the heartbeat of the digital world. It’s the platform for launching careers, exploring human-to-digital interfaces, architecting the world’s best applications, and unlocking innovation globally.
Download Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers
Oracle has recently released “Java Platform, Standard Edition 8 Update 161” which is also known as ‘Java Runtime Environment Version 8.0 Update 161’. The upgrade gives you new features, technical improvements, bug fixes, and enhanced security measures. Upgrading to the latest version will ensure improved performance, stability, and security of the Java applications that run on your system and also make sure that your Java applications continue to run safely and efficiently. So without wasting any time let’s see How to Download Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers with the help of the below-listed links.
- Download Java 8 update 161 for Linux RPM (64-bit)
- Download Java 8 update 161 for Linux RPM (32-bit)
- Download Java 8 update 161 for Linux TAR (64-bit)
- Download Java 8 update 161 for Linux TAR (32-bit)
- Download Java 8 update 161 for Solaris SPARC (64-bit)
- Download Java 8 update 161 for Solaris (64-bit)
Specifications of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The latest version of Java JRE 10.0.2 (64-bit) is compatible with Windows Vista64 / Windows 7, 64 / Windows 8, 64 / Windows 10, 64. It can now support DHE sizes of 8192 bits and DSA sizes of 3072 bits. JDK security providers have been upgraded to support 3072 bits DHE and DSA parameters. It can also support the TLS FFDHE mechanisms defined in RFC 7919 as well as JDK sunJJSE implementation is now capable of supporting the TLS FFDHE mechanism defined in RFC 7919. There has a further enhancement of additional IDL stub type checks to org.omg.CORBA.ORBstring_to_object method so that applications which use org.omg.CORBA.ORBstring_to_object method explicitly or implicitly and wish to ensure the security of the IDL stub type involved in the IDL stub type which is used in the ORB::string_to_object call flow, they should then specify additional IDL stub type checking.
Java 8 Update 161 New Features
Java has made many improvements and introduced new features in this update such as:
- RSA public key validation is now required.
- Restricting usage of Diffie-Hellman keys that are less than 1024b character.
- A stricter key generation has been programmed.
- Removing restrictions on limits of cryptography.
- The RMI Registry filter now allows binding arrays of any type.
- Exportable cipher suites are now disabled.
- JARs signed with DSA keys less than 1024 bits have been disabled.
- Deserialization filters are now needed by JMX connections.
- Bug fixes like web-start applications will no longer be launched by clicking on JNLP link from IE 11 on Windows 10 Creators Update when 64-bit JRE is installed. You need to uninstall 64-bit JRE and use only 32-bit JRE.
Java 8 Update 161 Installation
Some things to bear in mind before proceeding with the installation process:
- This particular version of Java will expire with the release of the next update which was scheduled for 17th April 2018, the links to download which will be shared our site when it releases.
- When you download Java, you get Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 64bit. JRE includes the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), Java platform core classes, and supporting Java platform libraries. The JRE is the runtime portion of Java software, which is needed by the user to run it in the web browser.
- The Java Plug-in software is not an independent program but rather is a component of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and therefore cannot be installed separately. The JRE allows apps which are written in the Java programming language to run inside its various browsers.
- The Java Virtual Machine is one of the aspects of the Java software which is involved in web interaction. The Java Virtual Machine is built-in into the Java software download and helps run Java applications smoothly.
How to check Java version installed on your PC?
- Before installing the latest version of Java, make sure that you know the version that you are currently using.
- If you do not know that, you can easily find that out this on your Command window.
- Press Windows Key + X then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Next, type the following command into cmd and hit Enter: java –version
- If you do not have Java installed on your system, the same has to be downloaded.
- Start the download process using Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers direct download links mentioned above.
- Depending on your system architecture, you can download either 32-bit or 64-bit Java version.
- Once you have finished the download process, begin the process of installing and as soon as the installation is done, you will get a success message on your screen.
- Once you have checked which version is in use, the next step is to check if that version is up to date or not. If not, then you can update it automatically by opening the ‘control panel’ and going to ‘java’.
- Once that is done, go to the ‘update’ tab and click on ‘update now’ which will initiate the download and installation process.
- The installer may take a couple of minutes to finish installing the update during which you should not shut down the system.
- Once the installation is completed, a pop-up window displaying the confirmation of installation will appear indicating that the installation was successful.
Recommended For you:
- Download Google Chrome 59 Offline Installers
- Download AVG 2014 Offline Installers
- Download Microsoft Office Service Packs Offline Installers
- Download Google Earth Offline Installer
That’s it you have finally check out this article; Download Java 8 Update 161 Offline Installers, but if you face any issues then feel free to ask your questions in the comment’s section.