Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers
A number of changes have been done with taking care of all the bugs and viruses in mind. Find direct Download link to Java 8 Update 66
Table of Contents
Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers: Along with Java 8 Update 65 now Java 8 Update 66 has also been released. Users who already have Java installed in their system get the update automatically. If you have installed an update 65, it will display you that you have the latest version of Java installed.
Now let’s understand the difference between Java8 Update 65 and 66. In this article, I will also provide the list of direct download links for Java 8u66 offline installers.
Differences between Java 8 Update 65 and 66
- Java 8 Update 65 is a serious patch update (CPU) that consists of all the important security fixes which are needed for all the systems which have Java installed in them.
- Java 8 Update 66 is a patch set update which consists of all the security fixes of update 65 and additional fixes to non-critical issues. Installing updated 66 is optional but suggested because you will get the latest fixes of all the problems in Java.
New Features and Changes
The following are some of the prominent new features and modification in this release:
This improvement adds support for ISO 4217 table A.2 fund codes
The following are some of the famous bug fixes included in this release:
1) Kerberos changes for applications running with a security manager
This JDK launch introduces some modifications to how Kerberos requests are handled when a security manager is present.
2) The hotspot should use PICL interface to receive cache line size on SPARC
The libpicl library is now needed on Solaris/SPARC to determine the size of the cache lines. In case the library is not available or the PICL service is not available the JVM will give a warning and compiler optimizations that utilize the BIS (Block Initializing Store) instruction will be turned off.
3) Preloading libjsig.dylib result in a deadlock when the signal() is called
Applications need to preload the libjsig library to allow signal chaining. Earlier, on OS X, after libjsig.dylib was preloaded, any call from native code to signal() caused a deadlock. This has been modified.
4) VM crash when the class is redefined through Instrumentation.redefineClasses
The JVM could smash when a class was redefined with Instrumentation.redefineClasses(). The crash could also be a segmentation fault at SystemDictionary::resolve_or_null, or an internal error with the message “tag mismatch with resolution error table”. This has now been solved.
5) ReleaseObject termed from the wrong thread
A recent alteration to Firefox caused the _releaseObject call to be made from a thread other than the main thread. This might cause a race condition, which may unintentionally crash the browser. This has been solved in build 18 of 8u66.
6) Later installing Java, Java plug-in does not work in Firefox
Firefox 42 may break down when trying to run the Java plug-in.
7) Improvement to end time checking for native TGT
The end times for native TGTs (ticket-granting tickets) are now equated with UTC timestamps.
JRE Expiration Date
When a new release with security vulnerability fixes becomes available JRE expires. Critical patch updates, which consists of security vulnerability fixes, are announced one year in advance on Critical Patch Updates, Security Alerts, and Third Party Bulletin. This JRE (version 8u66) will expire with the launch of the next critical patch update scheduled for January 19, 2016.
For systems not able to reach the Oracle Servers, a secondary mechanism expires this JRE (version 8u66) on February 20, 2016
Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers
So without wasting any time let’s see How to Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers with the help of the below-listed links:
How to check the Java version installed on your PC?
- Before installing the latest version of Java, make sure that you know the version that you are currently using.
- If you do not know that, you can easily find that out this on your Command window.
- Press Windows Key + X then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Next, type the following command into cmd and hit Enter: java –version
- If you do not have Java installed on your system, the same has to be downloaded.
- Start the download process using Java 8 Update 141 Offline Installers direct download links mentioned above.
- Depending on your system architecture, you can download either 32-bit or 64-bit Java version.
- Once you have finished the download process, begin the process of installing and as soon as the installation is done, you will get a success message on your screen.
- Once you have checked which version is in use, the next step is to check if that version is up to date or not. If not, then you can update it automatically by opening the ‘control panel’ and going to ‘java’.
- Once that is done, go to the ‘update’ tab and click on ‘update now’ which will initiate the download and installation process.
- The installer may take a couple of minutes to finish installing the update during which you should not shut down the system.
- Once the installation is completed, a pop-up window displaying the confirmation of installation will appear indicating that the installation was successful.
Recommended For you:
- Download Office 2013 Language Packs
- Download Adobe Flash Player 22 Offline Installer
- Download Avira AntiVirus 2014
That’s it you have finally check out this article; Download Java 8 Update 66 Offline Installers, but if you face any issues then feel free to ask your questions in the comment’s section.