Download Latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2020)
Take control of your work with Adobe Acrobat DC. Create, edit, sign and review documents in real time with your team, wherever and whenever you want. Download Now
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2020) is the most popular PDF reader app in the market. Now, before we start talking about Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, we need to understand what is a PDF.
What will you learn about
What is PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It is named so because it is the most convenient way to store and share documents and thus making it portable. PDF is the most popular format to store our documents. It ensures that uniformity of the text in terms of font, alignment, margins, etc. when shared from one device to the other. It makes sharing of the content possible without the fear of getting tampered or altered in any way. This makes PDF extremely secure and trustworthy. It is mostly used for printing of files as the format remains unchanged. Now a PDF file requires special software called a PDF reader in order to open and access them. We will be discussing one such app in the next section.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: An Overview
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the most widely used PDF reader in the market. It is a freeware and can easily be downloaded from their official site. It can be used for a number of things like viewing, printing, commenting, and highlighting a PDF document. You can make use of the many useful viewing and editing tools offered by Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It makes working with PDF files really easy and interesting. The latest version also incorporates Adobe Document Cloud support which allows you to save and upload your PDFs to the cloud. Uploading them on the cloud allows you to access them from any device that you want and your comments and annotations remain unchanged. There is also a paid version of the same called Adobe Acrobat Professional. It has some more added features like sending a PDF for signature.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has two editions – Classic and Continuous. The only difference between the two is that Continuous receives more updates and is connected to the Adobe Document Cloud. Now we will look into some of the salient features of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Salient Features of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
1. New Interface – The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC comes with a new and fresh-looking interface. It adds a lot of new features and tools that allow you to add comments, make sticky notes, highlight text, use lines, shapes, and stamps on your PDF file.
2. Ease of Reading – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC makes it easier to read PDF books or other documents. You can choose to either read it on a small screen or utilize the full-screen mode for a better experience. There is the zoom option which makes it easier to read the text by zooming in on them. You can easily search for any specific word using the very useful Search option. Another useful feature is the Page Thumbnail that directs you to other pages with reference to their thumbnail images.
3. Improved Cloud Support – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC now comes with extensive cloud support. With the new Adobe Document Cloud, you can easily save your PDF files on the cloud and access it from multiple devices. Your annotations, highlights, comments, notes, etc. get saved and carried on to other devices.
4. Convert PDFs to Word – This is an additional feature that you can subscribe to. It allows you to export various PDF files to Word or Excel. It is a feature of the Adobe Document Cloud and the conversion takes place by uploading the file to the servers and then downloading the converted file in Word or Excel format.
5. Improvements of Touch Support – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC comes with improved support for touchscreen devices like mobiles, tablets, and laptops. When you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on a touch screen device, the touch screen mode is automatically activated.
6. Fill, Sign, and Send PDF forms – This is a very useful feature that could soon replace all kinds of paper forms. You can easily fill in your responses on a PDF copy of the form, sign it with your digital signature, and also submit the form. It also enables you to keep a copy of the form that you filled and submitted.
System Requirements for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Processor: 1.5 GHz or faster.
- RAM: 1 GB,
- Hard Disk Space: 450 MB.
- Display: 1024 x 768p
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, MAC OS.
How to Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?
There are a couple of methods in which you can download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. In this section, we will go through those methods in detail.
Method 1: Using the Official Online Web Installer
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware and can be downloaded from the official site of Adobe. Follow the steps given below to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the official site.
Step 1: Click here to go to the official download page of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Step 2: Once you on the site, you need to make some selections from the drop-down menu displayed there. You need to select your operating system, preferred language, and the version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Step 3: Once you have made the selection go ahead and click on the download button.
Step 4: Wait for a couple of minutes and the download will get completed. Installation starts automatically and you just need to agree to the terms and conditions and click on the continue button to complete the installation.
Similarly, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is available for download on mobiles and tablets from the respective stores (Play Store for Android and Apple Store for iOS). Use the links given below to go to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the official app store.
Method 2: Using an Offline Installer
The previous method requires an active internet connection to complete the installation process. However, if you do not have a stable internet connection you have to use an offline installer. An offline installer has the required setup files and does not need any additional downloads during installation like the web installer. You can also save the offline installer on a USB flash drive and use it to install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on multiple computers. Use the links given below to download the appropriate offline installer for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2020.
FTP Link to Download Any Version: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a really powerful and useful software when it comes to dealing with PDF files. It is capable of doing so much more than just enable you to read the document. Its intuitive interface is packed with tools that significantly increase the ease of reading. The latest version with impeccable Cloud support makes it really beneficial for the users.
Recommended: Download Adobe Reader 11.0.10 Offline Installers
It also enables you to fill and sign forms anytime anywhere and thus eliminating the need for paper forms. Above all, it is a freeware and can be used without paying any kind of subscription. All these qualities make Adobe Acrobat Reader DC worthy of trying at least once.