Download Windows Service Packs (For All Versions): Service pack is a windows update that is released combining all the previous updates and is often free of charge. In the operating system of Microsoft, regular updates are released by the team on a regular basis. Those updates were known as Service Packs, and recently, they have become part of Windows Update as well. In the case of Windows 10 and Windows 8, the service pack, that used to be an important part of the previous version is no longer in use. In fact, Microsoft is working on regularly adding updates to the system, just like the way it is done for a smartphone. Whenever a user is installing a service pack, it is very important for them to understand that they install the latest version always.
Usually, Service packs take 30 minutes to install. And halfway through the installation, the user will have to restart the computer. The easiest and also the most important way to get updates of the service pack is to make sure that you always turn on the updates of Windows 8, 8.1 and 7. Once you have done that, Windows will always notify you of any update that has come and you are ready to install the same.
The service pack version is compatible with both 32-bit version and 64-bit version. Before downloading the service pack, make sure of the version of Windows.
How do I know which Service Pack I have on my computer?
- On the desktop, right click on the Computer icon, or you can also choose the Properties menu in the Start Menu. In the operating system, you can also use the shortcut, which is Windows key + Pause button and properties will open in front of you.
- Under the Windows edition, you will have to figure out what is written. First, there will be a mention of the Windows edition, after that, you will see the copyright information and then you will get to see the Service Pack information.
- Click on the Ok button.
Requirements before installing a Service Pack in Windows?
It is very important to install all the necessary updates before you install the service pack.
- Check the disk in Windows.
- Make sure that you have enough space in the Windows. You will require space of up to 5 GB in your system before you start installing the Service Pack.
- Make sure that you run a full anti-virus scan before installing the Service Pack.
- A disk image should be created, it is always advisable to do the same.
How to check if any updates are available?
- Click on the Start button or press the Windows Key.
- In the search bar, type Update and then click on Windows Update.
- On the left, you will now be able to see if any update is available or not.
- You should check this once in a while, even if it says No important updates available.
- It is important to understand that an update search might take up to 2 hours, this happens usually if your PC has not run any Windows Update for a long time.
- Wait until the whole of the installation process is complete and make sure that you restart your computer. Keep on doing this until you do not see any further update.
- If you see a large number of updates, it might also mean that there are some updates that there are some updates that cannot be installed because of conflicts in the operating system, it is better to leave those updates.
- If you want to see which is the important update and which is the optional update that is available, click on Number and then check important updates available. This will show you the total number of important and optional updates.
- It is a Windows feature to select all important updates by default and you should not deselect them. If you want regular updates of the Service Pack, it is very important to install these updates.
- If you want to see other updates, click on the Optional tab which is in the left. And this gives you an option to select the updates that you want to install.
Download Windows Service Packs (For All Versions)
So without wasting any time let’s see How to Download Latest Windows Service Packs with the help of the below-listed links:
|Download Links for Windows Updates & Service Packs|
|Operating System||Service Pack / Update||Size (MB)||Download|
|Windows 7||Convenience Rollup (April 2016)||316.0||32-bit|
|Convenience Rollup (April 2016)||476.9||64-bit|
|Windows 2000||SP4||588 (KB)||32-bit|
1.Please note that from Windows 8, Microsoft has begun releasing regular major updates through Windows Updates and there will be no service packs.
2.If you need to install the Convenience Rollup then you must have already installed Windows 7 SP1 and the April 2015 Servicing Stack Update.
3.Windows Vista SP2 can only be installed if you already have Windows Vista SP1 installed.
4.Windows XP SP3 can only be installed if you already have Windows XP SP1a or Windows XP SP2 installed.
5.Windows XP Professional is the only 64-bit version of Windows XP and the latest service pack released for the operating system is SP2.
Recommended For you:
- Free Download Bandizip 6.21
- Download Avast Clear 19.2.4186
- Download Autorun Eater 2.6
- Download Angry IP Scanner 3.5.5
That’s it you have finally check out this article; Download Windows Service Packs (For All Versions), but if you face any issues then feel free to ask your questions in the comment’s section.